Saturday, August 10, 2013

08/10/13 The day he thanked me with sincerity

I really had a long day. Today is one of the most memorable day for me because of some reasons. First is I had dinner with my whole family. It's so much fun and weird cause this is like a one time only event. We shared our different happy stories while eating. Before that I was with my dad from 6 in the evening up to 10 pm. I had a non-stop conversation with him and it's a first. I cannot explain my feelings right now it's all messed up. But dad talking about business, elaborating stuffs about it, telling his schedules and his plans. He also mentioned his father, my grandfather, while driving his dream car because that was also the dream car of his father and it's nissan safari patrol. He told me a story about how lucky was grandpa back then because he bought his dream car without spending so much because of the family connection they had with the current general that time. He also added that there was a time he was with his dad in the fort like marine's camp and they were locked down by the government because some kind of war is happening outside the camp. It's the time of gringo honasan in 1989 and I didn't understand that much. But the thing I remember is they were doing some big project inside the marine's camp with grandpa and they were trapped for three days. They experienced eating the food of soldiers and stuff.  He also mentioned that he had a good dinner because he ate his favorite food.We ordered drive thru and messed up a bit because he thought that mcchicken and chicken mcdo were the same. In the car while waiting for our order I tried telling him about the Eiffel tower I made and showed him the picture and he didn't give away much but when we were eating with mom and brother he told us about his project back then when he was still in college. He made a small city using card boards and stuffs and he worked for it for three months but he was disappointed cause he lose the contest. I was too dumb and I cannot control myself so I told him that, You were one of the reasons why I want to become an architect someday. And it's like he heard nothing. I shared my ideas about the short cuts I know in fort and he's really interested about it. He asked me if I watch basketball because we all know Gilas are so popular these days. He mentioned some players and stuffs about it. He noted that he will give my allowance on monday without me reminding him. When I said Goodnight he thanked me!

I really felt my father today. I hope this will last forever.

0 comments :

Post a Comment