Saturday, November 30, 2013

Kanye West Confirms adidas Partnership and Details Why He Left Nike

Kanye-West-Confirms-adidas-Partnership-and-Details-Why-He-Left-Nike-01

During his recent interview with Angie Martinez on New York’s Hot 97, Kanye West confirmed that he has formed a partnership with adidas. “So then I start turning up in the BBC interview,” Kanye explains. “So [Nike] said, ok cool, we’re gonna give you a bigger sandbox to play in. We’re gonna give you this amount right here to design, and two collections a year, and 30 SKU — that’s the amount of items that you have. Would that make you happy, Kanye?” And rightfully so, Kanye replied: “I need royalties.”
Nike reportedly told him that wasn’t possible because he isn’t a professional athlete. To which he righteously replied, “I go to the Garden and play one-on-none. I’m a performance athlete.” He continued, “So the old me, without a daughter, would have taken the Nike deal because I just love Nikes so much. But the new me, with a daughter, takes the adidas deal because I have royalties and I have to provide for my family.”
Watch the video here below, of Kanye West talking on Hot 97, about the situation.


0 comments :

Post a Comment